Advect Particle along Deforming Curve (maintain vel)

Wooshum

1)You can add edge force and effect radius using point sop and use attractor pop (refer attached file)

or

2)You can add normals to points of animated line, make N of each point to direct to the next point on the line. use point cloud to find the nearest point of the particle on the animated line ,filter out normal of the point returned by point cloud open node and use that N as vel of the particle. DO this inside pop network using vop pop.

Particle_Advect_soln1.hipnc

Edited by sadhu

Hi All,

A bit stumped on this one: How could I get a particle to move along a deforming curve whilst maintaining its current velocity?

See attached file for simple set-up and my initial attempt at trying to solve this one.

Particle_Advect.hipnc

When you say "maintaining its current velocity" do you mean relative to the curve?

When you say "maintaining its current velocity" do you mean relative to the curve?

Had to do an image to work this one out!

I am trying to have the affected particle travel in world(x) relative to the velocity of the unaffected particle; or rather maintain the current position and velocity in world(x) as the unaffected particle whilst following the deformations of the curve in world(xy).(see below)

post-7196-134691407777_thumb.jpg

Best community ever :) - I have gone with ikarus's solution in this instance as I am deforming at a SOP level.

There is a little jitter on the points after the deform, nothing the CHOPs filter cant fix though.

Thanks heaps!

Edited by Wooshum