speed Up Renders

Hey guys,

I have a question that is causing me a "few" problems right now.

is there a way to speed up renders while using PBR with water renders?

I created a simple test scene testing out some new tricks I just learned with fluids and I would like to render it but my render times are way over 2 hours for each mantra node that I want to render.

Is there a way to speed it the file up?(I do know that some of the mantra nodes do not need all the image planes i assigned to them but that should not add to much time on the overall render time, right?)

cheers,

Juri

ok it seams as if the file is way to big even if i attach only a single file of the cache.

So here is the file with out the actual geometry or any particles.

Just the shaders and the mantra nodes and the way i set up the sops after caching the simulations.

It's hard to test without any of the geo in the scene but here's some quick ideas:

• Turn off shadows on the env light
  • If adding additional lights use depth map shadows
  • Motion blur settings on your mantra rops were kinda high, I'd move the samples back to their defaults and turn motion factor up to 1.
    Motion factor is what speeds things up, if an sample is going to be heavily blurred mantra won't spend as long shading it because the detail will be blurred. Additionally you should be enabling geometry velocity blur on your geometry objects to use for motion blur.
  • Turn pixel samples down, turn min/max rays up.
    I've heard different preferences for this, but I usually start with 3x3 pixel samples and 9/9 ray samples for pbr. If there's too much grain I'll boost min max ray samples up, sometimes as high as 22/22 but I usually don't touch the pixel samples.

Edited by jkunz07