Calling all DOPS wizards

woodenduck

Hi guys,

I've got a sim where I want the points to be controlled by a popnet inside a sop solver. Easy.

I also have a sim with a popsolver and a popshapematch dop, where I am blending the points between two shapes. From soccerball to teapot. Easy

What I want to achieve is a blend between these two sims. So I added blendfactor dops with keyframes, and attached the object to a blend solver along with the sopsolver and popsolver.

What I am aiming to achieve is the particles moving around with some noise, then slowly begin to form a new shape. So they start out being solved by the sopsolver and blend in to the popsolver.

I'm sure I've just missed something obvious, but I just need a little nudge in the right direction.

I've attached an example that should be fairly clear.

Thanks,

WD

blendSolver.hip

Ok, I've had some success using the switchsolver rather than the blend solver. But it's still not quite there...

I think it came down to the fact that the blend solver is looking for like data types to solve. But the sopsolver is working on Geometry and the popsolver is calculating Position. I think...

I would still love to see if anyone can improve this at all.

Here's the version with the switch solver.

Many thanks,

WD

switchSolver.hip