Kill RBD Point objects on collision

Valerio Di Napoli

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a method to delete all the RBD (created with RBD point node) when they collide on a specified object or they go too far away.

I have to do a huge rbd simulation with a lot of pieces, so I want to optimize it by killing all the objects that go away from the camera.

Thanks

Possible wayis to create group of dynamic objects with something like:

distance(ch("/obj/cam1/tx"), ch("/obj/cam1/ty"), ch("/obj/cam1/tz"), dopoption($DOPNET, $OBJID, "Position", "tx"), dopoption($DOPNET, $OBJID, "Position", "ty"), dopoption($DOPNET, $OBJID, "Position", "tz")) > desired_distance

and then use Delete DOP to delete this group.

But expression might be quite slow for big amount of objects.

One more solution is to use sopsolver to delete geo based on certain condition in dop.

Refer the attached file. I am using the group node in sopsolver with bounding box option. Use delete sop, select group name and set the option delete non selected. Set the required box size in group sop.

OR

Use UV texture sop in sop solver with Texture Type set to perspective from camera and delete geo based on uv values. This way you will be able to delete geo outside camera view. But I could not set up this in H12. It crashes as soon as I select the camera in uv texture node. This setup works fine in H11. I tried this setup with both the solvers RBD and BULLET in H12 but it didn't work.

Am I missing something? Or is it a bug?

test.hipnc

Edited by sadhu

One more solution is to use sopsolver to delete geo based on certain condition in dop.

Refer the attached file. I am using the group node in sopsolver with bounding box option. Use delete sop, select group name and set the option delete non selected. Set the required box size in group sop.

OR

Use UV texture sop in sop solver with Texture Type set to perspective from camera and delete geo based on uv values. This way you will be able to delete geo outside camera view. But I could not set up this in H12. It crashes as soon as I select the camera in uv texture node. This setup works fine in H11. I tried this setup with both the solvers RBD and BULLET in H12 but it didn't work.

Am I missing something? Or is it a bug?

Maybe it's better not only delete the Geometry data but the whole dynamic objects? Something like in attached file.

3ak_killDOPsbydistance.hipnc