noob flip fluids quest

Alexpdennis

hello all! good morning

i am a noob thats been frantically trying to learn houdini and i hit a snag last night. My studio bought me a copy of the HD apprentice houdini, and ive been studying this tutorial about he waterfall:

which is filled with great and valuable information. but the part when he switches to the next tutorial:

he skips some stuff and i cant figure out how to put the simple volume texture on my POP object or solver. from the few weeks ive been playin with houdini i found that the textures go on Geo nodes. it also, says i should be able to just drag the texture on any particle, but i cant do it. Then i looked at his project file and hes writin the spray sim out to disk. i cant figure out quite how to do that either. i figured i could attach the ROP output driver to the gravity out within the spray sim DOP but it says i cant do it becase of the HD apprentice limitations or whatever when i middle mouse over ROP out put driver node. but i dont even know if thats what im supposed to do. or if there is a way for me to texture the spray sim particles without writing out to disk. any ways.. thanks so much in advance.

You should be able to write out your spray sim in SOPs. If you've named everything like this video drop your rop output driver after the importdop in /obj/Spray_Geo. This is the same object that you should be texturing & rendering.

Hey thanks so much for the response. im so sorry, i pressumed that i was to make a geo node and with in it Dop I/O node and point it too something to import the particles? no matter what i seem to point that node too nothing works which makes me think its not the node im supposed to be using.