Division size changes affecting combusion model

JaydenDP

Hi All,

I am having some serious issues with the pyro combustion model this week.

I have a good low res sim but if I increase the res of the fluid, the gas release/inefficiency/temperature out...something! changes drastically.

I cant remember having this problem for a while now. The last few pyro FX I did went smoothly at all res divs. I'm also avoiding upres by the way.

Anyone know what I can do, if I've missed something or there's something I should be adjusting for? any help would be much appreciated.

I can't attach my current HIP at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks in advance :P

Jay

In my experience, changing the div size of the container will dramatically alter the outcome of a sim. Which makes sense as you are adding in lots of extra detail.

Other than upres solver I don't think there is a way around that, unless you increment the div size and tweak the parameters each time to compensate. Which will be a slow process, of course.

Yeah I know it usually does, but in some ways it can be predictable. This seems more like a bug, the reactions are crazy and thats just changing the the divs slightly.

I'll post a vid if I get a chance.

I'm suspicious now that it has something to do with how the fields get introduced from collision objects, even though I've set velocity and temperature on the collision source to 0. So i'll test that quick.

I'll update if I find a way around, or else I'll just work with it.

Thanks

Jay

think I mostly figured it out ;P

Seems collision objects for volumes ADD velocity by default. Somehow increasing the div size multiplies the velocity and temperature that the collision object (environment) is pumping into the sim.

I changed that to just copy the velocity and the collisions still work but there's much less freak out. I can understand why you'd want the velocity to be adding but I can't understand why small changes in the divs would so drastically effect the velocity input.

Ah well, i'll work around it.

Thanks!

Jay