Light Scatter Pyro 2 Problem

Nygma

Hello @all,

after long and silent reading of these forums I have finally registered now and so my first words shall be a general "Hello" to everyone. :)

So of course I have a slight problem as well as the headline states. I cannot get scatter to work with the Pyro 2 shader. I have read several threads and articles and stuff, but a main documentation is missing and I am fairly new to Houdini (well more like an on and off user with 12 years of Maya experience switching over for several tasks ;)).

Now I have tried everything I can imagine so far and everything was pretty straight forward. I have created a Fire Particle Cloud File, I have switched Scatter on I have tried several parameters but every time I do so, my other wise normal looking sim gets "overdrawn" by the Particle Cloud. It seems to apply the cloud and it is real slow, but the result looks nearly exactly like the Particle Cloud, not like the sim with cloud applied. Is there a hint or maybe walkthrough some of you could give?

There are tons of information for H10 but the old shader has this Smoke/Fire mix and several things that seem not to be available here (as everything got much more simple and easier to use in H12 :D)

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide. :)

Byeee...

P.S: This is H12.1

Edited by Nygma

Hi Jay,

thanks for your reply. Yes I have changed to Generate Particle Clouds and once that is rendered changed it back to Normal Shading. But it still creates this massively slow and extremely bright color thingy that looks like the original PC. The PC also looks like a plain bright yellow "cloud" in the shape of my original sim. Maybe the problem is already in its generation? Or is this correct?