fracture force question

cowboy71

Hey all,

I'm trying to learn more about fracture forces in dops. I have a curve which is wrapped around a sphere and is laying down

some points so the fracture wraps around the sphere. I'm trying to get the pieces to push outwards from their origin as they

are being released. I was playing around iwth a uniform force, but didn't really have much luck

Thanks

hey, yeah it's a little hard to explain i guess. But think of a baseball and the redstrings lifting off the ball in their realitive Y direction. But instead of the strings

they are fractures which would lift up. I was just experimenting with different fractures and thought it would be cool if the pieces lifted off around the ball, instead of just in one direction.

I have been playing around with the magnet and field force.

Hope that's a bit more clear.

Here's how I'd approach it.. there's both a Field Force and a Magnet Force in the dopnet to switch between. There's also a locked Glue Pieces SOP in there that you may need to unlock/relock.

Of course there are plenty more ways to go about doing this, it just depends on the look you're going for.

radial_fracture_force_01.hip