fluid inquiry

Alexpdennis

my nooby butt might be in over my head here, but i figured id ask:)

so im trying to follow the waterfall tutorial... but i suck...

my problem is that i cannot get the spray sim to interact with anything...

i dont have any idea what the heck is going on. im frustrated beyond words. ive rewatched that tutorial like 100 times and cannot figure out what im doing wrong. i also noticed that a few of my nodes keep getting error red lines on them and when i middle mouse over them they arent like that anymore.. should i flush some kind of cache? ive tried restarting, but it could very well be how my networks are set up? i dont have a clue. All the problems arose when i tried to make the spray sim particles interact with anything...

you'll most likely have to re-rop out the .bgeo files (particle and mesh) or whatever, but if anybody can give this a once over, id be very very grateful.. thanks in advance.

fluidDynamics3_shading3.hipnc

Edited by Alexpdennis

omg thank you so much cubiccube!!! i very much appreciate your time and help.

now ive got a couple of other questions ive been battling since before i screwed the prior issue up..

1.) i had it to that point and towards the beginning of the sim i decided to put a sphere in there to interact with everything too. which im sure you've noticed. now how would i get the spray sim particles to interact with the sphere. i tried just using the same technique, but it does weird things... feels like i need to bake or rop out the sphere itself and i cant figure out how to do that.

2.) how do i shade the spray particles, it looks like it gives it a default size and shader but i cant find a material or attributes anywhere.

thanks again! so much

a

Yeah, ROP out the sphere and bring it into your spray sim as a static object. Alternatively, you can use the "collide with objects" shelf tool to source the cached sphere as collision volume directly into the FLIP solver. The latter technique is nice if you want to add curl noise or change the SDF for the collision object since it lays down a Fluid Source node in SOPs.

As for the shading.. particle size is always going to be controlled by the pscale attribute. Change this at the SOP level after you've cached everything out and, so long as your shader is looking for pscale, it'll pick it up.