Animation issues with Alembic imports

Hey guys

So I'm importing animated geometry from Maya into Houdini by converting the geometry to Alembic. When I import it into Houdini, everything comes in fine and the animation runs smoothly. However, when I convert an object into an RBD object or fluid, the object becomes static and no longer follows the animation of the rest of the objects.

Is there a way to re establish the animation in the object after its been converted or will I have to re animate the object again after I turn it into an RBD object?

Thanks!

Ian

Hey I was able to solve the issue. I selected "Use deforming geometry" but I still had the same problem. I solved the issue by going to the bottom most level of the alembic import and rendered out the alembic node there using a rop geometry node. In the rop node I checked on "Initialize Simulation OPs" to render out the geometry too. From there i was able to import the geometry as a .bgeo and manipulate it without any issues.

New Problem:

I've noticed that Houdini crashes every time I try to save this file. After further troubleshooting, I found out that this happened whenever I imported an alembic file. Has anyone else had this issue?