Separating point distance calculation per attribute

samboosa

What I have so far are several levels of points, each representing a higher floor of a building and having a 'level' attribute.

What I could (and want to) do is partition each level based on the attribute, and then calculate the distance to the next point per point in a foreach using the level attribute as a filter.

My question is, is there a quicker way to do this?

I'm generating the points in a python sop, so could i do something like this in python or a vop?

Hi Jasper,

Do you have an example scene you can show? It's kind of hard to judge how to optimize without the (example) file.

Hello Kim,

Please see the attachment.

Right now you only see building cluster 83, so if you Imagine, if I were to 'foreach' hundreds of building clusters and then measure the point distances it could get slow.

point_levels.hipnc

Hello Kim,

Please see the attachment.

Right now you only see building cluster 83, so if you Imagine, if I were to 'foreach' hundreds of building clusters and then measure the point distances it could get slow.

Hi Jasper,

the facadeGrid2 node is a missing otl can you add this one as well? More specifically it is missing the *.py code

# Couldn't find Python code. Please check that

# oplib:/Sop/facadeGrid?Sop/facadeGrid.py is in the proper location.

Edited by kgoossens

Kim, thanks for your concern! The file is in my attachment.

Regardless, I think that trying to what I want with my own python sop is good practice, but I just don't know enough python to be able to do it effectively. It's much faster if I just stick to the normal workflow = I created a copy node/ add/ foreach and I am basically able to do what I want to do...without python (alas).

OPcustom.otl