Smoke render with blocky artifacts

I am getting a very different render from my Render View and rendered EXR file. I am using Micropoygon PBR with Raytrace shadows, Volume Step Size .045, Min Rays 11, Max Rays 20, Pixel Samples 9 9.

Where there is a higher density, the render appears blocky. It is not appearing in the Render VIew.

Any suggestions?

thanks

D

you can try to clamp the density to say 1 on your shader (if you're using pyroshader). Looks like the kind of artifacts you get when the density is extremely high in some areas of the volume, so the voxels are totally filled and it's difficult for the renderer to blend them away.

Clamping your density could get rid of that if that's the error I'm talking about. You'd still get the same exact density around all the volume, but you'd be 'normalizing' density where it is too high.

Just 2 cents

EDIT oh wait, but on the IPR it doesn't show. I thought it didn't show on the viewport. IPR when 'previewing' uses Raytrace so if you rendered the IPR with the 'preview' checkbox on, it's using different renderers. Try switching to raytrace render on your final render to see if the error still occurs.

Edited by Akabane
  • Thanks 1