Anchor: Object Point Group Position internals?

pbowmar

Hi,

Does anyone know how the Anchor: Object Point Group Position DOP "connects" to other points in a different group when creating a Constraint "by hand" for custom work?

Basically, I have a bunch of procedurally generated DOP objects (think Fractured Object) and I want to constrain one end of each to specific points in space.

Sadly, the docs are ... terse so it's not clear how this DOP actually "finds" which points to anchor to.

Cheers,

PeteR B

Here is the example, simplified. Basically, I create a group from one point on each piece of wood, then create a new static RBD object from just those points.

I want to constrain each piece of wood to the original point... Can't get it to work no matter what, and I suspect it's the (relatively undocumented) Anchor node that I don't understand.

Thoughts?

constaintExample.zip

IMO:

as for the Anchor: obj point group position - points are paired in order in which they are given. But, this type of anchor is for sbd where several points of ONE object constrain to several points of ANOTHER object,

In your case you have 1 point per objects to constrain and N goal points to constrain to, while you need 1 vs 1.

Try using ApplyRel dop to create one constraint per object (pin constraint or your custom one). In this case you don't need this type of anchor nodes.