Spread Transferred Attribute Over Time.

pbarua

Hi,

Run your grid through a solver SOP. Connect your grid to the first input, and your animated sphere in the second. Inside add your attribute transfer and connect the left most input to the first input of the attribute transfer and the 3 node (which is de sec on the top level) to the second of your attribute transfer. Jump one level up rewind and magic! ;-)

Good luck,

Here's a simple scene with what you want.

It's in a dopnet, but you could easily take the stuff that's inside the sop solver in there and put it into the geometry solver at sop level (just called "solver" I believe). It's the same thing, just set's up the dopnet for you and doesn't need a Master license.

It's just from my library of little tricks I have in case I need something fast, so I haven't had a look at it in a while, but I think it preserves groups and colours based on the group. So you'll want to transfer attribute and then take the max of the result from the transfer attribute and the last frame.

C

SOPDOP_preserveGroup.hip

Edited by ChristianW

Well yeah but you could get that with the techniques we've given you.

You want it to blur out. So use the attributeTransferSOP in the sop solver to get the blur. you could then transfer each step back onto itself to get it to blur out more and more.