H12.5 Ocean / Whitewater Tool / Problem

LouisXIV

Hi,

I'm just playing around with the ocean Tools and the WhitewaterSolver.

Nativley the Whitewater Tool wont work with just the ocean, at least the Tool calls for a FLIP Simulation.

I tried it with just the Ocean generated from the OceanEvaluate Node, and it kinda works too. Still its acting diffrent,

the foam kinda flickers around although the basic movement is correct. The Spray Also is a bit crazy.

has someone already tested the Whitewater with the oceantool? Is it really meant to only work with a simulation?

I found some hip's wich used the HoudiniOceanToolkit,there the foam was often created in shader with an HOT vop..

Is there something similair to houdinis ocean tools?

I would be very happy about any hints or tipps... ;-)

ocean_spray_02.hip

Edited by LouisXIV

Hi! You need reconnect Whitewater to Oceanevaluate.

1) In Oceanevaluate you need:

switch on Points -> Points from Volume

Points->Size make size like input grid

switch on Volume->Surface SDF and Velocity

Volumes->Size relative link to Points->Size

2) In WhitewaterSource need delete polygonal surface. Keep only points and Volume: surface and vel

3) In whitewater_sim:

whitewatersolver1 -> Solver Volume Limits relative link to Oceanevaluate->Points->Size

See attached file.

Enjoy!!!

Sorry, i forgot attach file

notawhale_ocean_spray_02.hip

Edited by notawhale
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Sorry for digging this up but i got similar problem with my scene but without hot.

I got cached fliptank and connected whitewater to it (merge_fliptank sources from cache). On whitewatersolver i got this (match_surface and match_vel: no volume or VDB primitive found in reference geometry). I know why this is happening but i want to know how to merge/copy those attributes to my cached sim from fliptank without simming it again. If that option is not on the table in this particular case so how to avoid it? / or how to merge it in exported bgeo seq? I'm working in H13

Edited by Bialy