Split base and coat reflections into separate image planes?

Hi. I've been using the Mantra Surface to make a car paint material (rendering with PBR) and it's looking great so far, but I want to be able to separate the base and coat reflections into separate image planes for additional control in comp. Right now they get combined into the Direct and Indirect Reflect passes. Is it possible to split them, and if so, how?

Thanks.

When you're rendering in PBR you have to set the AOV inside the specular funciton (as a label).

Basically go to the "physically based specular" inside the Mantra Surface and change the component label. You can set one to "reflection" (the default) and the other to "specular". (you can only use the ones that are set up and not arbitrary variables)

now if you make an aov named "all_specular" and "all_reflection" you get them separated.

Unfortunatly I don't work with Mantra Surface and somhow wasn't able to change the label.. it's probably locked or something. No idea.

Hi,

You'd have to unlock the surface model asset inside the mantra surface and look for a parameter VOP called parameter15 (indirect reflection) and there's another one called direct_reflectivity as well. You might be able to split/combine them in a way that give you the elements you're looking for.

Cheers