RBD activation on contact

Hi,

How can I create something as simple "ball breaking the glass" effect?

I have a pre-fractured box as an active RBD object and a ball also as an active RBD object with an impulse force. I also have gravity force in the scene, naturally. The problem is, when I hit play to start the simulation, the pre-fractured box starts falling and doesn't wait for the ball. I want it to wait for the collision and only those parts become active and react to the forces which collide with the ball.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

hi Muhammad !

I think you'll find your answer here in this amazing tutorial found in Sidefx tutorial page.

In the first part of the video it's explained how to use pre-fractured objects.

In the second part how to autimatically fracture an object (around 00:47:ish)

Hi,

How can I create something as simple "ball breaking the glass" effect?

I have a pre-fractured box as an active RBD object and a ball also as an active RBD object with an impulse force. I also have gravity force in the scene, naturally. The problem is, when I hit play to start the simulation, the pre-fractured box starts falling and doesn't wait for the ball. I want it to wait for the collision and only those parts become active and react to the forces which collide with the ball.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.