4D Turbulence Noise?

Hi all, is there any way to get a 4D turbulence noise effect in VOP? Currently I use turbulence noise to generate some detail on clouds and get a satisfying result, but when used in movie, I want to add some phase changing, however only 3D vector can be acceptable for this op . AA Noise can be connected to a Vector4 for input and generate 4D noise, that is what I want, so how to get this in turbulence Vop? Thanks!

Looking at the vex code for the turbnoise VOP, it uses noise functions that only take floats or vector3 inputs.: onoise(), snoise(), anoise().

You can use the Unified noise. Take your P and time fed in to a Vector to Vector4 VOP and wire that in to the pos input of the Unified noise.

This will at least give you a vector4 input in to turbulent noise.

The Unified Noise VOP can add some more interesting noise shaping as well. You can fold the noise and apply fBm, remap the noise and more.

• Like 1

Looking at the vex code for the turbnoise VOP, it uses noise functions that only take floats or vector3 inputs.: onoise(), snoise(), anoise().

You can use the Unified noise. Take your P and time fed in to a Vector to Vector4 VOP and wire that in to the pos input of the Unified noise.

This will at least give you a vector4 input in to turbulent noise.

The Unified Noise VOP can add some more interesting noise shaping as well. You can fold the noise and apply fBm, remap the noise and more.

Thank you for your information, currently the very type of noise I want to 4-Dilize is alligator. Unforturnately,the 4th element just doesn't work for Alligator, others works great.

Now I make a work around that can achieve that approximately, the basic idear is to get a cubic interpolation of the 4 Alligator noise value nearby in time, I use vop to do that, not as good and fast as native 4D effect but, I think it's acceptable :D

• 2 weeks later...