field force problems

JuriBryan

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use a field force, which is using a particle simulation, to drive a rigid body sim.

The problem I am running in is, that since the particle simulation is not just a initial boost kind of thing but rather defines the shape I want the RBD sim to take the single pieces of the RBD sim have no rotational velocity.

The field force has treat as wind turned on and works... but the single fracture pieces look static and not "real".

So the question is, whats the easiest way to keep the motion and form that the pieces get through the field force but with an added rotational velocity.

I was thinking about a noise field with very high frequency but that makes the pieces simply bounce around and makes the sim look as though its flickering.

Any tip/solution is more then welcome!

Cheers,

Juri

If you don't have your rbd rotating due to field force (even with Circle or Volume sampling mode) then it could be bug in Bullet solver. Try switching to rbd solver.

It seems like bullet samples forces only in point mode.

But even rbd solver works fine only if you're using volume collisions (so have sdf representation of the object).

Edited by bloomendale