rebuilding a fractured object

R_cyph

Nevermind, I got it to work with a fractured pack primitive. Now i Just need to figure out how to match the rotation of the fragements and turn off the collisions when they arrive at their goals...

The object in that scene is a fractured object, not sure what would be any different in using packed primitives, I haven't used them personally.

objtargeting2.hipnc

• 1 month later...

Hello! Keep in mind that the scene I created is really old now. In new versions there are better/faster ways to remove objects from relationships using python.

Anyway, let`s talk about you scenes. I think there are some things you have to fix first. I don`t think your goal points are computed correctly. When you import objects as packed prims in dops, COM is recomputed by bulletsolver. Then packed prims centers are transformed to match COM, so they won`t be the same as yours. What you have to do is first get these new centers (turn on Solve on creation frame) and use them as goals.

Second thing : you are not computing angular velocity. Your pieces wont match orientation of the original ones.

About the collisions : I don`t think if it is possible to remove packed pieces from collisions( hopefully i`m wrong ). You can do it for whole object but not for the individual pieces.

If I have free time I could try to recreate these files using packed prims, sop solver and wrangle nodes. Still I`m not sure about collisions.

Good Luck!

If you have any time to look at this that would be great. I'm still stuck and I've sort reached the end of my DOPS knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oops, I totally forgot about that!

I actually recreated the scene(hopefully I`ll find it), but couldn`t found collision solution. I did several tests with scripted/nodes collision relatonship sets, but they don`t behave the way they are supposed to... BUT! Recently I did some tests and I think I found something that may help. If you set mass for any piece to zero it will behave as static body. It won`t accept collisions, but other (non zero mass) pieces will collide with it. The great thing is you still, you can set its velocities and bullet will update them. I hope this one still works in recent builds.

• 1 month later...