Keep splitting particles on death

WesleyE

Hi,

I would like to have particles that split when they die. However, when the first split happens, the effect stops working, if like the newly splitted particles don't enter the full tree but only the subpath from the split up to the collect. Is there a way to inject these particles up to the rest of the tree so they will split again when they die?

I know I can just copy and paste the nodes to get them to split again, but I feel that this is not the best way to go.

I've included the file as I have it now, the particles should just continue to split instead of stopping at the first split.

splitingParticles.hip

• 2 weeks later...

I did some tests and noticed this.

particle system don't act like our assumption. that mean if you make group before the split node, splitted particle doesn't take that effect. (they won't grouped)

so you shoud group after split. But if you group with $DEAD == 1. It will not split because when next frame they will be dead, and cannot used as split source. So instead I group themp with $LIFE>0.95 and when I split them I kill parent particles.

It's weird I think, but I don't know there is a better idea. :wacko:

This is what I've got so far.

splitingParticles.tests.hipnc