HDK SIM node and SOP node sharing attributes?

stkeg

i have a SIM node that i want to write attribute values to points on geometry.

i also have a SOP node that i want to modify the geometry based on the point attribute values written by the SIM node.

the problem is that i don't think i can write point attributes to the geometry from the SIM node.

is there some other way or workflow that is usually used to achieve this?

Edited by stkeg

my SOP node can read and write point attributes from geometry no problem. when the SOP node makes changes, i can see them in the details view.

my SIM node can definitely read the point attributes from the geometry. it seems like the SIM node can write to the attribute, but it doesn't seem like the changes are showing up.

when i print out the point attributes from with the SIM node, i can see the changes. the problem is, i don't see the changes in the details view. also the other problem is the SOP node only sees what's in the details view, so it doesn't detect the changes to the point attributes by the SIM node.

any ideas on how i can get the SOP node see the values the SIM node is making to the point attributes?