Source Flip from Impact particle

vbk!!!

Hello,

I am making a FLIP simulation where I erase Impact particles ( with a Sopsolver).

I would like the Impact particles become the source for another FLIP simulation inside the same Dop network

Unfortunately I am not able to understand how to bring these Impact Parrticles to an another FLIP Solver.

Thanks for your help

Vincent

flipSopDeformNew.hip

Hey Vincent,

You were pretty close. What I did was create a source (volumes and points) out of your original points in the sop solver. I then brought that source in using a source volume, and plugged it in to the 4th (sourcing) input.

I also set your flip object back to 'surface sop' input type.

Best,

Ilan

flipSopDeformNew_ig.hip

I am trying to add FLIP simulation to a sop animation. It's a stormy ocean where I want to add a boat.

I made a sop deformation for my ocean and I was thinking to add FLIP, for the boat interaction, on top of it.

The goal of this test is to deform FLIP particles the very same way the sop ocean is deformed with a sopsolver. Then, separate the impacted particles to them make move accordingly to the boat.

That why the impact particles need to react with the deformed part ( when I say "react" I mean "collide")

I have already create a sytstem to add foam splash for my boat but I am not entirely satisfied with it. It uses particles field create on the surface of the ocean only. By this tests, I hope to be able to use a thicker/deeper water part.

But maybe my stratgey is just all wrong ... what do you think ?

Vincent

I see. I can't say that you are wrong, because there really is no right or wrong way to do things here (for the most part). But from my personal experience, I could tell you what worked for me in the past. I would simulate in FLIP the area of interaction (plus some padding), or the entire water region in camera if you can afford to. Then throw your ocean deformer on top of your simulated mesh, and you can reduce the deformer influence in the highly active simulated area. You can use the FLIP white water tools as well for your foam.

Best,

Ilan

Well ...

I was thinking the exact same thing when I strated to study that.

But the main issue comes with relation between the heigh of the wave and the boat's behavior.

With big weather, boat tends to pass through the top the highest waves.

fishing-boat-caught-in-a-storm-0021.jpg

Maybe I misunderstand something, but I can't see the way to represent this kind of behavior with a "post-sim" deformation.

Vincent