Wet map

gillsp

Your scene is rather complicated, so it is hard to see where the problem lies. To diagnose a problem like this its important to simplify everything down to the basics. Have you managed to get the method to work using the type of simple scene I use in the tutorial? You can load the pointcloud in using a file sop, and the examine it to check if your attributes are turning out as you expect. As far as I can see the shader should work.

Peter

I can definately check and see if I can succeed with your tutorial, but mine is using popnet, even if I did fine with flip solver, it might work out differently in the popnet. Because the wetness and new_wetness attributes were succesfully created and transferred, I don't get why it wasn't showing up using the shader.

I think it should work with a popnet. Your particles represent what is wet, you attribute transfer to some points scattered on the geometry. The Solver node is then used to manage those attributes on the points (wet points stay wet), and the shader uses a cached version of these points to shade wet or dry.

I've no access to Houdini for the next ten days I'm afraid, so cant check your scene.

In sopsolver/vopnet u r using parameter node to import wetness and new_wetness attributes. Instead use import attribute node to import them and find out max amongst them. Find out from help file what is the difference between parameter and attribute. Check the attached file. Hope this helps :)

soln_wetmaptest.zip