import PyQt in Houdini

geminiPrevails

Hi, I looked for but couldn't find an answer to my question, so sorry if this has actually been answered before.

I am having a hard time having the PyQt4 library that is installed on my Win7 machine imported into houdini. When I try to run my code that includes an import command of PyQt4, I am getting:

ImportError: No module named PyQt4

I already have this path defined in my windows environment variables. One thing I am noticing though is: when I check out the sys.path inside python shell, there doesn't seem to be any of my windows global environment paths listed there. I guess the question I have is: how do I get them to be seen by Houdini?

Thanks!

Guest mantragora

I'm not using PyQT so i can't check but as a temporary solution for your problem you can probably do

PyQT_path = "wherever_your_pyqt_is_installed" #probably something like "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQT"
import sys
if PyQT_path not in sys.path:
sys.path.append(PyQT_path)

import pyqt_library_whatever_it_is_called_

in your script.

BTW. Are you sure you are setting correct variable? PYTHONPATH, right?

Edited by mantragora

Hi, thanks for the reply. I considered doing that but I wasn't sure if it is good - or common - practice. Though it guards you against these surprises so I might give it a go.

Actually I think what is set in the windows variables for my python path is under the name "PATH", not "PYTHONPATH" so that might be cause of the problem. I will make sure to check it and let you know.

Thanks!