About junior vfx reel

Sovaaa

Hello everyone, i am new here and i hope this is the right place to ask this.

I have been learning Houdini for few months and i have a question about what would you expect to find in a junior vfx reel? I have been doing 3d modeling for a few years but i also have a huge interest in vfx. Now that i have finished my collage degree in computer science i can spend a lot more time learning Houdini and experimenting. I see a lot of great reels but mostly they have shots from projects people worked on in a company with a team of people providing different assets etc... So what could i as a one man force do to be eligible for a possible job.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Keep working hard, do what you want to achieve personally and make it look as good as you can.

You'd usually expect to see some of everything, from particles, smoke, liquids, rbds and any procedural stuff you can come up with (like sea creatures, trees, lightning).

Best to do what interests you, perspective employers can look at your skills in what you've come up with yourself.

Guest mantragora

Some time ago I'v been asking guys from AXIS do they hire juniors and in response they send me link to this guy they hired recently as an example what you should represent as a junior.