Getting a fluid solver to follow a RBD

JBones

Hi everyone,

OK so I haven't been able to figure this out, and I can't find the answer online or anywhere. So I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

How can I get a fluid container to follow a RBD, SOP?

I start with a sphere, then I make it a RBD, and then I select the sphere again and use something like the flames shelf tool.

So now the sphere is a flame emitter, and a RBD. So when I hit play the sphere falls and the container just sits there and doesn't follow the sphere.

So I go into the DOP network and go into the gas resize fluid dynamic node.

In here under max bounds I have the sphere SOP path added to the object, with initialization dynamic on. Then back in bounds I go to tracking object and check track by object, and use the sop path for the sphere again.

And again when you hit play, the fluid container doesn't follow the sphere.

I've also tried having the container track the sphere RBD under the DOP but that hasn't worked either. I realize the container can't track the SOP because the movement is coming from the RBD node in the DOP network.

So I guess I need a way to get the velocity data from the DOP into my SOP right?

Hey I'm new to Houdini, so would you be able to specify a little more?

I'm not sure what shelf tool your referring to, the only dop import in my scene at the moment is

the on in my sop node, which as you know was added when I made the sphere an rbd.