meshing quality!?

neom314

the easiest way is to just adjust your particle separation, so you actually get more particles thus more details.(usually in /obj/AutoDopNetwork/flipfluidobject for starter scene like this.)

If you already have enough particles, but the mesh too smooth, you need to adjust the meshing part in your SOP( ie. usually /obj/particle_fluid).

If you go inside of that, you can tweak vdbfromparticlefluid1(or whatever name that is for a "VDB From Particle Fluid" node), you will see particle separation is an expression,

so you can leave that alone or tweak it to your liking.) Watch out when you do this, make sure you scrub a bit  in a simpler sim to confirm your new setting won't make fluid volume disappear/appear out of thin air.

And, by default houdini unit is in meters, so if your container and model are the same with real world size, then it's easier to get expected result.

(yep, 1x1x1 cube means a ton of water with default settings, which is a lot if you are doing small scale sim.)

Thanks for the tip Reny, i have tried already with the particle separation param, but for some reasons if i make it too small (like 0.05 for example) for some reaoson the mesh destroy it self and i can see only few blob of mesh, like its decreasing the quality instead of raising it, what could be the problem?

btw, if you feel your resolution is missing, you might need to decrease grid scale a bit.

say, from 1.7 to 1.4 if needed to increase voxel cell numbers.(it will slow your simulation for sure, so tweak this slowly. :P)

And like I mentioned, in vdbfromparticlefluid1, you can tweak those parameters as well.

for me, lower droplet scale usually gives me good results.

Here is my screenshot for simple flip sim...

post-10634-0-83911400-1391802442_thumb.p

Edited by reny