Object Emerging from Liquid

neom314

Hello there,

i am trying to create an animation with a huge train coming out from a sort of pool of water, i was trying to reach something similar to what Igor  Zanic  as done in this video

i dont know how to fine tune the flip fluid in order to have him to behave in that way, i have manage so far to reach that point

http://vimeo.com/86778137
pass: fluidtest

but of course water its still not working as expected, anybody willing to give me some tips?
i have add to the the object a pump solver with default settings, but seems not to add enough strengh to the velocity of the object, maybe i have to fine tune it too..i think that maybe my scene scale is too small cause my particles seems too big now.
thanks

Hi Neon,

Well I assume you're trying to make it look like if the train raises up from deep water but don't want to simulate it all.

I think the easiest thing to do is to emit more water from the train parts that are above the water level. This is relatively easy to do, make you train a source and mask the part that you want to source from. You can also make the train a bit sticky (on the collision tab of the FLIP solver), which slows down fluid that is close to collision objects (train).

How ever, if you're going to emit a lot of water you're going to run into trouble with your container that is filling up. There are methods of working out the total volume of your fluid end if its more than it inititially was you can drive the 'divergence' to compress the fluid and get rid of the surplus, but that is rather advanced stuff.

Good luck :-)