FEM Fracturing with Embedded Object, velocity attributes?

narbuckl

Greetings fellow Houdini users, I was playing around with the FEM solver and looking at fracturing with it, as I'm sure lots of you have as well, I've noticed that the resulting embedded geometry doesn't seem to grab an velocity attributes from the low res tet, it does create a velocity attribute on the embedded geometry but all of the values are 0 regardless of what the low res is doing. I was curious if anyone else has had or seen this issue? I even checked the files from the new FEM masterclass that were released and they appeared to have the same issue. Running 13.0.314.

-N

Hello again, I just wanted to share the response from SESI on this issue.

They got back to me and said that currently the only attribute that the embedded object transfers through is position. Which kind of sucks since that means you would have to attribute transfer or use some other post process to get accurate velocities. They put in a request with the developers to include other attributes.

-N