Freeze Frame Effect

DaveSimmons

Hi there,

I'm new to Houdini and would love to create a freeze frame effect. Such that I can effectively stop all simulations rotate the camera around all the objects (including a flip fluid and RBD objects) and then resume simulation.  I tried using a ROP output driver and then exporting the Sim...and reading that into a new document but am not sure that's the right approach.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
D.

To get this done, personally I would run write out the sim at normal speed, then read it the file sequence in, and in a separate file node read in the specific frame you want to freeze on.   using a switch, keyframe the switch to switch from the sequence to the static frame.

If you want to slow down the sim down to freeze, this will need to be done using chops.

• Like 1

or just use a timeshift and use an expression/ animate the value to exactly what you want. If you want to slow it down you can also use a timeblend before this but you need to make sure your geo isnt changing point count between frames for this method to work.

Edited by Jordan Walsh

lay down a time blend sop and specify your start / end frame range, then add a time shift sop right after that and uncheck integer frames (to get subframe geometry, prevent jittering), and just animate the frame number however you like. Not: if you're going to use this trick with flip fluids just turn off reseeding. I've attached a hip

retime_geo.hip

Edited by rhussain