Particle Stream "Activation"

Xphile1999

Hello all,

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm having a bit of trouble with some particle effects in H13.

I have a series of points created by a Points From Volume node, those are converted to particles.

What I would like to do, is once a volume passes over them, each particle will be affect by POP Fields (think if it as active/not active)

So my thinking was that I would use streams with an if statement in the rule, that if the particle has been affected by a volume (POP Attribute From Volume, or POP Collision) that the ingroup attrib would be set to 1.

Well, this works as long as the attributes are affected by the volume, when the volume is no longer acting upon the particle, the field no longer applies it's force.

So, I guess my question is, how can i set a variable that is static on a per particle basis? I would then be able to use the stream to assign ingroup=1 and have my forces applied.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

-Andrew

Resolved.

Not sure why my i@hitnum was following the chain properly before but it is now. (Edit: the Accumulate hit option was not enabled)

So for the stream rule I used

if (i@hitnum > 0)

{

ingroup = 1;

}

also for the static vars, i found export does this well, i can assign a @Active var to each particle.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by Xphile1999