find/locate exposed parts of voronoi fracture?

Hi,

Couldn't find anything on this, but I have a landscape that I've voronoi fractured. It's falling away piece by piece. I want to have sand (particles) falling from the edges of the exposed pieces.

I know how to generate an edge attribute for each piece. But I'm hoping someone can help me with how I can find each exposed piece? -As pieces of the landscape drop away. New edges/primitives/points become exposed. How can I find these?

I'd appreciate any input on this.

-Sim

Take a look at the debris sop, which uses a technique to create simulation points as edges separate from each other.  Will probably get you pointed in the right direction.  I am sure there are probably 4-5 other ways of doing this, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Also, you could look at the connect adjacent pieces sop, see if there is something embedded in there that might be worth hacking for your needs.

Hey thanks a lot. I remember looking at the debris tool a while ago out of curiosity, but didn't need it then time and promptly forgot about it.

I've had a quick squiz, and it looks to be very close to what I'm looking for. :)

-Sim