Some animation workflow questions

I am starting work on an animated short film in Houdini and have a few questions

• Can we use python or hScript to write code to add empty frames between two keyframes. I mean when I click between two keyframes and hit a shortcut , an empty frame gets added, so all keys to the right shift to the right by one frame. And similarly for removing frames as well. I think in Maya you can do this with addInbetween command.
  • Can a shortcut be set to advance the timeCursor by 4 frames.
  • Selection masks for nullsOnly
  • Swap manipulators quickly between World and Local
  • I know theres a way to get ghosting, but are there motionTrails,arcs

I miss the abiity to drag code from scriptEditor and play with it.Sure I can get the job done without these but these things just make me a little faster.

I am still going thru the many tutorials I've found and that will take a while.

- In between script is doable. Look at hou.BaseKeyframe class
http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/hom/hou/BaseKeyframe

- Yes, it's left and right arrow key by default or +- buttons at the bottom left next to play button
Source/run this python script to set 4 frames increment:

import hou
hou.playbar.setFrameIncrement(4)

- You can set selection flag. Fastest way would be to create two bundles. One for your controllers (nulls) and second smart bundle for every object (or rest of objects). Then in Bundle List, there is toggle button to switch on/off selection flag on all objects inside bundle. First turn off selection flag on All_objects_bundle, then turn it on on your controllers.

- You can map it to hotkey. I have mapped "Handle Aligment" to hotkey, so I can toggle between World/Local/Camera with single key.

- For motion trail: http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=87685&highlight=&sid=46d6a2cb39040e8f259b77407019ae4e
There are also other ways, try to search in this forum.