Houdini artists for short VFX commercial, Los Angeles

bandini

I am directing a :30 commercial spot at Wolf & Crow, and I need a couple Houdini people to help out.  It is a quick turnaround, starting as early as next week and going until September. We are a small shop with a small pipeline and no lead-time on this job, and we need people who can function and thrive in that kind of environment.

Ideally, I am looking for one person who has a very strong design aesthetic and likes doing abstract, dark, edgy stuff. He/she would be helping design and animate biomechanical elements in the commercial. Good camera work would be a plus. Some knowledge of l-systems is another small plus.

A second person is needed to handle several smoke, flame, and simple particle simulations. There's one tornado-style effect that would be the hardest shot in this person's task list. Possibly, also a full-scale fireball shooting toward the camera, if a good stock video cannot be sourced.

Ability to light and render to a very high level of realism would be preferred.

We need people that can work on-site at our facility in West Los Angeles. Either PM me here or email me at aswaab@wolfandcrow.tv. There's several other projects of this nature coming up in the future, so even if you are not available for this one, it would be great to have your info in our database.

Thanks!

Edited by bandini

• 2 weeks later...