ray particles against container

whodini

I'm looking for a good solution to ray particles or gradually snap particles close to a piece of geometry. Lets say I have a liquid pouring shot and I want the liquid mesh to sit perfectly flat on the glass for proper refraction during rendering. I've dug through the foroms here and the sesi forums and I've tried the vdb clipping options but it's not quite the effect I'm going for the result isn't clean enough. Plus I have to use some kind of padding on my collision objects in the flip sim, so there is a gap between the liquid and the glass container its in. Any possible ideas? I've tried some point cloud stuff in vops to get the distance from the liquid particles and the mesh and group particle at a certain distance from the container but how do I smoothly or gradually shit them to the container. I dont want to snap to the container on one move, I want the particles to gradually pull toward the container.

Do you have an example file?  They ray sop should work.  I would start with isolating the points closest to the glass then use a ray sop to to move them to the glass surface.  That should get you a much better surface.  to get a good ray result you may need to increase the mesh density on the glass itself.