H13 Ptcls - Group by Bounding Object not working?

Whatsinaname

It is a rather simple scenario, particles are emitted and falling down, as soon as they pass a box, they should become proud members of the group inBox and change their color to red.

Using the new DOP particles in H13, this seems to be a challenging task. I put a POP Group node (Bounding object, connected to a box I can see in my particle context, active and set up to put particles in Group "inBox", Preserve Group = on) into my scene, as well as a POP Color, set to color the members of inBox red.

...but that setup doesn't do anything. The particles stay white as they are inside the object.

So I recreated that using a POPnet-old. The exact same scenario and it works like a delight.

So how am I supposed to accomplish this very basic task using the new H13 particles? Is it broken or is it just me?

EDIT:

I got it and it is weird, could be a bug or some dark magic:

In the POP Group's Bounding Object > SOP Path, I wrote:

op:`opinputpath("../../popnet_new",1)`

The expression seemed to work, as Houdini displayed an outline of my box, that is connected to the second input. This expression also works very well using the POPNet-old.

After changing it and directly entering the path to the box object:

../../box1

...the POPgroup node is working and groups the particles inside that box.

popnet_check01.hiplc

Edited by Phlok