spectrum node basic test failing

teanau

Im trying to create an audio waveform sweeping across the frequency range.

attached is the file showing "progress" so far.

Ive animated a curve in the frequency domain and intend to output a sound signal in the time domain using the spectrum node. ( "From frequency spectrum"  terminology is odd to me does that mean from the frequency domain? )

im very new to the app, so most my assumptions may be wrong.

my sample rate is 44100 ( standard audio that ought to accomodate my hearing range )
i have an animated frequency magnitude curve between sample 0 - 1837.5 ( one frame  of samples) chan_m amplitude 0 - 1, it is just sweeping across the frequency range.
i have a constant of 1 in the phase channel  chan_p

im telling the spectrum node to sample absolute between 0 - 1837.5 samples and output in the time domain.

but nothing is coming out the way i would expect.
  • the waveform does not look like it is correctly informed by the frequency magnitude curve.
  • even though im telling the waveform to start at sample 0 its starting at frame 1 so im not certain its sampling the correct data.
  • i need the spectrum node to continue sampling the first frame worth of samples and outputting a waveform rather than stopping after the first.

i suspect its a fundamental misunderstanding of chops
hopefully some of you can point me in the right direction.

spectrumTest_v010.hiplc