Select full loop in H14?

ajz

Hello.

In H13, when selecting edges or faces, this little arrow appeared that indicated the direction of edge loop selection (hotkey: L), which we could rotate with Shift+R hotkey. Now this functionality seems to be missing in H14 in favour of the new loop selection model ('A' key). This new selection mode is a very nice addition to Houdini, but most of the time I want to select a full loop with a single keystroke, and it's no longer possible. Now I need to rotate my model in order to accomplish this.

Is it possible to bring this functionality back somehow?

Edited by ajz
  • Like 1

Hello.

In H13, when selecting edges or faces, this little arrow appeared that indicated the direction of edge loop selection (hotkey: L), which we could rotate with Shift+R hotkey. Now this functionality seems to be missing in H14 in favour of the new loop selection model ('A' key). This new selection mode is a very nice addition to Houdini, but most of the time I want to select a full loop with a single keystroke, and it's no longer possible. Now I need to rotate my model in order to accomplish this.

Is it possible to bring this functionality back somehow?

Select the first component, hold 'A' and do middle-mouse button on the next component in the loop to do a full loop.

Edited by halfdan
  • Like 3

Is there any way to select all connected components with one click as before? It seems that "0" hotkey is changed.

Closest thing I found is the "N" or "M" button (I forgot) but this way I have to press it every time I select something.

Thanks

Edited by rayman

I'm not sure if it's the only way, but you need to have 3D Connectivity enabled in the new Display group and attribute list box. Once enabled, having Select Groups of Connected Geometry turned on ("9") will allow you to select connected components with one click.

• Like 1