Particle shapes forming one solid shape

tinboy

Hi

I need to build a system where a have little 16x9 ratio rectangles flying and forming a logo. I'm thing of shattering the object first but I can't seem to get a 16x9 shape evenly spread to use a vornoi shatter node. The blend between the flying shapes and the logo shape should be seamles. They should  kind of land flat to form the surface of the logo shape. Any ideas to do this?

Is it something like this you had in mind?

https://vimeo.com/97033684

But with 16*9 rectangles instead of cubes?

To get the rectangles, I would import the logo as an .ai or .eps using a file Sop and then convert it to a polygon with enough edge details and then append a Divide Sop and disable convex polygons and enable bricker polygons instead. In the size parameter you can specify the size and ratio of your subdivisions.

Create a unique name attribute for each primitive and extrude them to your liking.

Now you can create a Dop network with the RBD Fractured Object shelf button, choose your logo object as the Fractured Object. You will be prompt with the option to either use RBD Packed Object or the older RBD Fractured Object.

Now you can manipulate your rectangles with forces and Pop forces.

I used amongst other a Pop curve force, when I had a simulation I liked and cached it out to disk and then reversed it.

Hope this will get you started

Edited by John Svensson

• 2 weeks later...