large scale mist

gillsp

I have come to the last step of my sim, I have about 3mil particles to source the mist. Though using the shelf tool, my memory gets  full pretty quickly in about 48 frames(already cached the sources), not to mention I cannot see the mist(or the pyro/smoke) by just the using the mist shelf tool. Anyone has a better way in doing mist?

Reference is here:

Small trails of mists along with the fall, and large mist/smoke from the bottom.

Sure, marty. Basically, I took a look at the mist solver, it's basically a whitewater shelf tool, but with emitters that will emit pyro(smoke) and particles will push around them ( advect). The mist source is essentially the same as the whitewater source, but build with pyro sourcing. Mist shelf produces finer spray than the normal whitewater shelf tool(which is more ideal to produce just foam and bubble in my opinion). The whitewater shelf tool will create spray that is better used in smaller scale. 

I figured the thing that was eating my memory was the emitters that creates finer spray(particles). So I just took that out and I was fine just to simulate with the pyros.