Voronoi Fracture - Cut Plane Offset expression not working .

Karyn Kewlani

Hi , I want to fracture the upper part of the bridge column in Houdini v14.0.201.13  with this Voronoi Fracture - Cut Plane Offset expression " 3e.005 " , but instead I get  error " Error:       The sub-network output operator failed to cook: /obj/UpperGrpA_fbx/MaxtoMaya_v2_Object002/polySurface3438/voronoifracture1/OUT   ;  Error:       Invalid source  voronoifracture1:merge_with_remainder..,  "  My desired result should have looked  like the below shown image of " CMIVFX - Realflow Destruction "  . Please Anyone help .

post-11306-0-30051100-1426276069_thumb.p

Error:       The sub-network output operator failed to cook: /obj/UpperGrpA_fbx/MaxtoMaya_v2_Object002/polySurface3438/voronoifracture1/OUT   ;  Error:       Invalid source  voronoifracture1:merge_with_remainder..,

Without a file hard to guess.

Hi , I am a student who is learning Houdini And Realflow and am following tutorials of Cmivfx Realflow Destruction Tactics Vol2 . I want to fracture the upper part of the bridge column in Houdini v14.0.201.13  with this Voronoi Fracture - Cut Plane Offset expression " 3e.005 " , but instead I get  these errors  " Error:       The sub-network output operator failed to cook: /obj/UpperGrpA_fbx/MaxtoMaya_v2_Object002/polySurface3438/voronoifracture1/OUT   ;  Error:       Invalid source  voronoifracture1:merge_with_remainder..,  "   My desired result should have looked  like the below shown image of " CMIVFX - Realflow Destruction Tactics Vol 2 "  . My aim is to destroy the bridge model given by CMIVFX Realflow Destruction Vol 2 by first fracturing the model and take it to Realflow  so that I can destroy it by using Attractors in Realflow Software .  Please Anyone help . 

GrpA_Bridge_v9.hip

post-11306-0-35514900-1426342054_thumb.p

Try  3e-5 or 0.00003

If you want fracture pattern like the image you uploaded, reduce voronoi cell points by reducing values like points per area(i set that to 1) ,point density parameter on surface , interior and exterior tabs.

Edited by sadhu