Rest field from particles ...

djwarder

Hey, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with trying to build a rest field (in Pyro) from advected particles at all? 

It was a technique mentioned in the making of Stalingrad a while back, but not heard of anyone else using the idea.  Anybody got any tips or examples of how to do this?

Not sure what you're after, but Pyro already supports dual rest fields. You just have to enable it on the pyro object and on the pyro solver.

I prefer to do the rest field outside of the pyro sim, since you can tweak the timing of the rest fields however you want without having to recalculate all of the original pyro sim. I have a setup on my site (fx-td.com) for doing flip-> rest fields (similar to the the link posted above), but all you'd have to do is feed it the pyro vel field instead and then merge the resulting rest fields with the pyro sim to use it in shading. No particles needed, just a vel field.  http://fx-td.com/?p=329