Freezing pivot values

If I want to move the pivot of an object to a particular place how can I freeze it? Using a transform sop and manually inputting values the pivot information is lost further down the chain? I'm used to being able to manually modify the position of the pivot of an object and having that stick so am I wrong in thinking that's how it works in Houdini too and therefore I'm doing something wrong?

I have a object composed of several parts and need certain elements of it to rotate around a particular point, to that end I split the file into their separate components (give them each a group name) and manually moved the pivot of each using a separate transform node to where each should rotate. However if I try transforming it further down the chain of nodes (following a MERGE node) with another transform node the pivot is no longer respecting those previous changes. Simply entering $CEX/y/z results in it centering the pivot on the element but not where I wanted it. Does that make sense? :blink:  Cheers!

I am trying to transform the pieces individually by group, but I think the merge node stops this?

Edited by ispep