C-plane not aligned to origin in viewport

This has happened to me a couple times in the past, but I'm having trouble recalling how I fixed it, if indeed I even did. Basically the construction plane is randomly (as far as I can tell) translated and rotated so that it no longer sits along the XZ axis centered at the origin. I can tell that all of the objects in my scene are still in the correct location relative to the origin, and thus I could probably ignore this except that it seems to have somehow thrown my tumbling out of whack making viewport navigation very difficult. At this point I'm still not certain if this is actually a bug or just something I triggered on accident while clicking around in the viewport. I normally never mess with the c-plane at all, so I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks!

Did the trick, thanks Marty... can't believe I forgot to look there! For some reason I was thinking the c-plane options were hiding in a viewport right-click menu somewhere.

Still curious about why this keeps cropping up. It doesn't seem like moving the c-plane is something you can really do by accident, so I'm guessing it's just a weird bug. Given that it's so rare and such an easy fix though, I'm not going to worry about it.

It feels like a bug but it's actually a feature, or so I've been told :)

It's some combination of having the object rotated/moved at Scene level, say with DOPs, then when you are in Geometry level you frame it the C-plane moves, perhaps with Hide Other Objects too. I don't have it worked out 100%, yet, but I very much know about Revert to Default!

• 7 months later...

Even knowing the solution, i wish to know what causes this.. becaus with me this happen in 70% of projects!

If this is a bug, it´s ugly, because i see people on foruns talking about this since 2008!! Its very weird, because sideFX get rid of bugs really fast, weeks generally speaking.

So.. any light on this topic, what causes this?

Thanks guys!