Midi controller to CHOP

Hi,

I bought a small midi controller and I would like to epxeriment with it in houdini but last night I didn't manage to make it work. It is listed under the drop down menu of the CHOP midiIn node, I can see the right number of channels, but nothing changes when I move the knobs. Some times I also get messages (

MIDI Event: 0 : Control Change : channel 1 : 9 : 127)

on the output, which indicates the controller sends some data to houdini, but again the channel values don't change.

I didn't manage to find any documentation in the help file about setting this up.

Any ideas?

That's on a pc btw and I manage to use it succesfully in touchDesigner.

thanks

Hi,

it`s not in front of me, but if i remember correctly you need to write your CC channel numbers you want to receive to the midiin chop/control/controller index parm. If you send let`s say on CC#32, type in 32 to the controller index.

I`m not sure but maybe you can write "10-127" or "*" to see what`s happening.

I have played a lot with connecting my gears to houdini and it`s big fun B)  So I hope it will work for you!

Cheers

oh great, yeah seems like you can put * in the controller index and that picks up the events. I just get a bunch of other channels that are not used, so I will probable have to delete them afterwards to keep it clean.

I don't get the buttons event though... I will keep trying.

thanks for the help

Amazing!

Maybe I should take it to work and start doing my shots with the controller to impress the clients. It shouldn't just be the colorists that get to use fancy controllers.

=]

Thats Cool man!

Keep patching and experimenting!  B)

I played a lot with midiin CHOPs driving DOPnet... that was real fun!

I wish there was a real fullscreen window in Houdini or sopsolver/attribvop in Touchdesigner.

• 5 months later...