Trick to fake High Resolution in fire

Jimena

Hello!

I want to achieve a great look on a fire simulation, I am using a PyroCluster with 0.02 of resolution. I can't enhance it more with the Up-Res container because I believe it has a problem upressing many containers (so I couldn't make it work :( . If you have an idea on how to do this, please enlighten me). 

So I ended up using a trick I found on internet:

-convert the voxel grid into points

-use the attrib from volume to transfer the density 

-clamp the maximum values of the density (because the maximum values are the ones that are visually hard--> the ones that make the voxels visible)

-use the attribute in a volume SOP (by now the maximum values in the density are lower and the hard voxels are not visible)

(I found those poor instructions with no hip example)

And I am not quite satisfied with what I am getting, maybe I did it the wrong way. Supposedly by using this method and not doing the clamping (you bypass the clamp vopsop node and leave the rest: points, attribfromvolume, etc), you should be getting the same result as if nothing has changed, but I get a blurred version and I loose some details in the fire (some of the noise).

Do you have any advices? or another trick?

I need a lot of resolution since I'm gonna be rendering in 4k/6k (the 0.02 is still not working because some voxels are still visible) but the computing time is gonna take too long. 

I will try to upload a hip file later.

Thanks! and I hope someone can help me

Edited by Jimena