Glue Wire to Animation - no rotation!

alexsomma

Hi all,

I'm trying to make som plants stick to a moving rock and deform with wire constraints, and have some issues getting the animated rotation to work with wire constraints.. Hopefully you can help me out.

The curve is parented to the animated object and made it in to a wire object using the "Wire Object" shelf tool. Then I used the "Glue Wire to Animation" and selected the lowest point on the plant curve to get the animation in to the DOP network.

The translation works perfect but the animated rotation doesnt seem to work at all, and the wire keeps a constant orientation.

Probably this is how it's supposed to work...but I can't figure out how to get the orientation from the animation in to the DOP network.

Anyone?

I've attached a simple .hip file

RND_GrassTwigs_v01.hip

I think the issue you're seeing is that the twig isn't picking up the parented transform data.  I took your final twig and object merged it into another object and sent that one to dops and it seems to work.  It's odd because you do have use object transform enabled? 

RND_GrassTwigs_newGeo_v01.hip

Maybe someone else sees something I don't?

Another tip in case you don't know is that you can add a point float attribute called pintoanimation to your twig.  Set the value of that to 1 on whatever points you want to stick to the anim.  Then you don't need the pin constraint.  You can try it by enabling the group node and attribute create node I put in the twig object and then display the dop net after the rbd and wire merge.