Snapping

TheDunadan

Starting to enjoy the polygonal modeling tools of houdini more and more :D; However there is one thing that slows me down when modeling from time to time: Snapping.

While the controls for snapping are superb really, I'd wish to save a few 'snap modes' and switch between those while modeling, e.g. often I want to snap to grid and other times I need to snap to other points etc. and it would be nice if I could have seperate hotkeys for those or some kinda toggle key to switch these modes. Is there already an easy way in houdini to do so ? If there is, please tell me how :)

Oh, and on to something slightly different, I think it would be nice if Houdini would do the following by default: When repeating the same (S)OP again and again (e.g. I model almost everything by doing many many subsequent polyextrusions) auto-create a netbox for those and set the label to match the SOP command. Doesn't take long to do manually, yet it would make automatically the OP network easier to read.

Jens

Those are some great suggestions. As for the snapping thing, I don't think it's possible right now in Houdini to do what you want. I think a lot of people just keep that snapping dialog "On Top" with their window manager while modelling.

I'd like to see that netbox feature. It would be useful even as a clean up tool. RMB menu item to "Netbox Like Operators".