noob problems with gui

Hi all!

I've just download houdini 7 from sidefx site, and installed it. But the gui is HEAVY inaccurate with mouse pointing. For example, if I want to click File->New, I've to point my mouse one space below the "New" label.

Is this problem solvable?

Learning in this conditions is *a little* frustrating...

Tnx!

Hi all!

I've just download houdini 7 from sidefx site, and installed it. But the gui is HEAVY inaccurate with mouse pointing. For example, if I want to click File->New, I've to point my mouse one space below the "New" label.

Is this problem solvable?

Learning in this conditions is *a little* frustrating...

Tnx!

14700[/snapback]

There is something seriously wrong with your installation. At least in the previous Apprentice Edition release, there were no such problems. Possibly you installed some fancy mouse themes or alike?

Jens

Hi, I've never encountered that problem before.... :huh: can you please specify what graphics card you're using? it's probably just your graphics card that's causing the problem, in which case, you probably just need to set some environment variable to disable the hardward openGL.

I can't quite remember all of them (as I haven't dealt with these for ages...), but some of them are:

set these to value of "1":

HOUDINI_OGL_DISABLE_RASTER_IN_OVERLAY

HOUDINI_OGL_OVERLAY_SUPPORT

Then restart Houdini and see if that fixes your problem. Houdini does have a much stricter OpenGL standard than other packages, I believe.

Hope that helped.